This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

creeper still jumping out

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Garland Terry
10+ Years
10+ Years

creeper still jumping out

Postby Garland Terry » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:29 am

Hellooooo I am back!! The real farmin is slowing down a bit. I guess we put up over 1000 bales this summer. I am sure glad that I bought that new baler. That would be 300 truck loads. I am dang glad it wern't all mine to haul home!!. Anyway I dusted off the old 154 and I am still having trouble with the creeper jumping out of gear. Anybody know where I could get another one. Or anybody have any Idea what the deal is. I have already tried a new poppet and spring. I have pulled it down 3 times and find nada. I am about ready to shuck it and move on. It looks good new paint and decals, three point, dual brakes creeper gear, turf tires all the way around. my goal is to have as many options as possible. Its a fun tractor to play with and it's handy to have around but that gear grinding tears me up. I tried to make a deal with Hamiltonbob' s creeper but I couldn't handle his terms. :censored: :censored: Oh well it is just a toy. GT :roll: :roll:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: creeper still jumping out

Postby BigBill » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:39 am

Did you remove the creeper to inspect the shifter fork to make sure its fully engaging? If the poppet spring and ball are working correctly the only thing left is the shifter fork not being right. One more question without seeing it is there any wear on the 3 planetary gears and there shafts? Something has to be the cause of it kicking out of gear maybe its not fully ingaging.

On my 154 with the creeper sometimes i need to play with the clutch to line up the gear teeth to engage it, its like a standard tranny "sometimes". But once its ingaged its ok.

I did pick up another creeper assembly for my 154 build which is going on right now.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Garland Terry
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Garland Terry » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:01 am

Yo BB. I don't know. I have pulled thas thing apart several times and I can't find anything glaring wrong with it. I made a deal with Bob n Joe and they are sending me a complete creeper and we are going to swap as they needed a gear case and I need some internal parts. So we made a deal his unit for mine plus some boot money. Hope it works out this time. The last creeper I bought had been run out of oil and the fork was melted down. I really think that my homemade fork is the problem. That brass plate probably has more flex than a cast one. what do you think BB?? GT :?: :?

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:03 pm

Your right it maybe the home made fork.

I may buy another creeper setup just to have an extra one for parts since two of my int154's are running creeper tranny's. But i need to wait till my fel/backhoe project tractor is finished. I need hydraulic hoses, fittings and tubing next.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Garland Terry
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Garland Terry » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:11 pm

I made a fair deal with the Naylor boys and got a complete unit from them. I managed to pull the old one out today and it looks fine shifts crisply and looks identical with the to the one that I got from BobnJoe. It has to be the homemade fork. Oh well they will get a good case and planateries and whatever else. I get to finally fix this darn thing......I hope. I have been messing with it fro two years and I am ready to get on with it. Are you still working on you FEL? I figured you would be halfway to China. :lol: :lol:

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:33 pm

Well i'm working on the subframe right now.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”