This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

clutch adjustment help please

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
motox500
10+ Years
10+ Years

clutch adjustment help please

Postby motox500 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:07 pm

hey all,

i'm trying to get this clutch adjustment straight and having a hard time, not only with the clutch brake bolt, but also with uploading the photo as this site won't give me that option. on the clutch brake bolt, there are two springs. i believe that the short one goes by the hex head side of the bolt and the longer one goes between the clutch brake yoke and the hole in the bolt for the spring clip. do i have this right? or does the longer spring go between the hole for the spring clip and the threads of the bolt?

by the way, how do you post pictures on this site? . cannot click on browse and won't let me type a file name

thanks
Bill

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Garland Terry
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: clutch adjustment help please

Postby Garland Terry » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:45 pm

grasshopper. click on this link http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/I&T%20 ... mplete.htm

this is a shop manual download. save it to your favorites. The info you require is on page 11 in the HTML section. This link has been a great help to me . I would reccomend that you buy a hard copy from the store as it is a lot handier to have in the shop. :idea: GT

motox500
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby motox500 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:02 am

i did download that manual and am still having a tough time of it, all i need to know is if that long spring gets pinned in on the side of the clutch brake yoke or gets pinned in on the thread side of the clutch brake bolt and i am good, thanks mr terry.

BILL

Garland Terry
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Garland Terry » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:53 pm

sorry I understand now. If you are sitting on the tractor seat looking down from the front of the clutch brake back it should be in this order. Bolt head--short spring---Ubracket--longer spring---cotterpin----threads---nut----brake plate-----locknut or nylon locknut-----end. I hope this helps out. Sorry I didn't understand your question regarding the cotter pin spring relationship. GT :oops: :oops:

Garland Terry
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Garland Terry » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:55 pm

B. I can't get the photo thingy to work either. Sorry GT

motox500
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby motox500 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:58 pm

THANKS TG, got that part straight now trying to figure out electrical, cannot get voltage to the starter/alternator, new battery installed so its not that , possibe ignition switch?, its been sitting for about a year and worked fine at that point, we re-wired everything to get rid of the junk wire, so just going to try to retrace evrything and see what we can come up with, all i know is with the ignition switch turned to the on position there is no signal to the battery for it to provide voltage to the starter/ alternator any ideas?, THANKS

BILL

Garland Terry
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Garland Terry » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:00 am

ok with your volt meter check for voltage at the start gen when you turn the key. check it at the post with the starter wire on it. If you have voltage when the key is turned but it won't turn over then take the start gen loose at it mounts and clean up the contact points. The ground points are not very good anyway and if it has been setting for a long time it could just be a poor ground at the start gen. I have had mine just spontainiously get bad but look OK. back off the two mounting bolts spray then down with the Panther PP of choice and tighten them back up! also check your battery ground. Hope this helps GT

motox500
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby motox500 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:04 am

Thanks mr. terry, i will give that a shot and let you know.

BILL

Garland Terry
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Garland Terry » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:08 pm

no its just Garland. Mr. Terry was dad and he took that title with him! have fun. GT

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”