This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

electrical problem : battery solenoid? replacement

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
motox500
10+ Years
10+ Years

electrical problem : battery solenoid? replacement

Postby motox500 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:01 pm

hey all ,at the point in the rebuild of my 71 154, having issues with getting it to crank, is the battery solenoid located where the ignition switch area is only i think it is bolted to the tractor and when you sit on the tractor it is on the right side? i am getting voltage on the top [post] but not at the bottom post, is this also pre switch or does the ignitionswitch activate the noid? also if it is bad where could i get one and is there a way to check it[ ohm it out?] need all the help i can get. THANKS

BILL

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: electrical problem : battery solenoid? replacement

Postby Eugene » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:24 pm

Test the solenoid. Jump from cable coming from the battery to the small post on the side on the side of the solenoid. (Note if there are two small posts jump to the one marked "S", not the post maked "I"). This will tell you if the solenoid is functioning. Use safety precautions as this may cause the engine to revolve.

The 154 has a couple of safety switches that have to be activated to enable the engine to start. There is a clutch safety switch under the left floorboard and probably a PTO switch. You will need to check the wiring diagram for you 154/year for the possible number of safety switches. Basically the safety switches have to be turned on (depressing the clutch, taking pto out of gear) - then turn the ignition switch to energize the solenoid.

When I worked on neighbors 154 the solenoid was located in front of the dash, on the right side.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Garland Terry
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: electrical problem : battery solenoid? replacement

Postby Garland Terry » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:01 pm

I agree with Geno. The deadman switch on the clutch pedal is probably the culprit. I have a new harness on mine and i jumpered around the switch altogether. Not my first choice and I intend to repalce the safety switch when I get the chance.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”