This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hard Times and High Prices

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Garland Terry
10+ Years
10+ Years

Hard Times and High Prices

Postby Garland Terry » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:25 am

Went out to the haybarn a few days back. I needed to put some in the back, but my 49 Studebaker pickup was in the door and wouldna start. The only thing that was handy was my 154. I hooked a chain on and pulled the offending machine out of the way. No Problem. the little 154 thought she was a 9230 John Deere. google it. As I contemplate this situation I wonder at how far I have gone.....back in time. Oh well maybe next year I can save up enough to buy me a truck and tractor made in this century. Y'all have a Merry Christmas and come see a poor farmer sometime. :wink:

Are we healthy yet?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Hard Times and High Prices

Postby Barnyard » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:15 pm

Dad had Studebaker trucks when I was growing up. He did a lot of work for other farmers and had about a dozen guys working for him. I remember all his trucks had his business name on them. I'd sure like to find an old Studebaker and repaint it with the same signage on the doors.

The good old days! I'd rather have an old truck than a new one any day.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: Hard Times and High Prices

Postby BigBill » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:32 pm

Me too i went and found a 3/4 ton '79 chevy with a rack body and a goodwrench engine in it for just $900 its not really purdy and in need of a gallon of bondo but it runs great. My wife wanted me to go with a new one but the property taxes will kill me every year when i don't use it that much. My property taxes on my '79 is $12 a year.

Being poor or rich is a state of mind. I have an awesome wife and three good kids and i think i'm rich with just that. Material things come and go and can be stolen but family can't go anywhere there still there and family plus you can could on family when the things get tough too. Friends and family thats what makes us rich.

At our age its good to have things on our plate to keep us busy in the future, future projects is a good thing at least you have the truck. I been looking or browsing for my next race car body. I may end up with building the race engine first then find a body for it. This will be a learning process for my kids from the bottom up. I want to pass on the engine building, porting and tuning tips before i'm gone. I also have a note book with all the info that they will find when i pass on too.

Its not about the high prices nor hardtimes its about our time growing short. I know i don't have many years left. Were not poor just inbetween thoughts on what to do next. (confused on a direction not poor)
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”