This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

I finally did it with success, plowing snow....

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

I finally did it with success, plowing snow....

Postby BigBill » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:01 pm

With my fcub sidelined on the bench with a problem the 154 with the creeper/IH snowplow jumped in. I was finally plowing heavy wet snow in 2nd gear in hi range(creeper) non stop she just pushed it out of the way even with a full width of the plow. I'm only running one set of wheel weights front and rear plus my clutch is slipping at times too. But the more i pushed it the more the really glazed clutch started to grab. I did an inspection on the clutch disc before and it looks really thick so i figured its glazed really bad. I do have a new clutch and pressure plate so i can install it in the spring after getting the flywheel turned. But so far the 154 is up to the task.

Now i'm positive the cubs can push snow its just me learning how to apply them. I just can't be bullish like i can with the jeep 4x4 tractor.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Garland Terry
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: I finally did it with success, plowing snow....

Postby Garland Terry » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:34 pm

Sigh. Now that you have it runnin come do my driveway. You guys might of noticed my flurry of posts today. Thats right I am snowed in again. Pretty funny actually as you will remember I used to brag about how when it snows here it is gone in 2 days. My 85 year old grandmother has officially declared "a hard winter" has occured. That is pretty frightening because of her stories about all those hard winters "back in the depression". We usually have corn planted by st. paddys day. I have not even plowed my garden yet. Good news the balers will be runnin hard this summer. I might be able to afford lo-boy parts. G.Terry RN
Last edited by Bigdog on Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Inappropriate policical commentary removed.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: I finally did it with success, plowing snow....

Postby BigBill » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:07 am

With my int154 with one set of wheel weights front and rear and a set of ladder chains i actually went into my field of unplowed snow and plowed a loop with it and came out one shot. I always do this with the jeep sometimes but never did it with a tractor. I plowed the full width of the plow too watching the snow curl out with the plow angled. Now i think any cub wether its a 154 or an fcub will push snow. I used second gear and just kept the snow flowing.
Last edited by Bigdog on Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Inappropriate policical commentary removed.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”