This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

grey hairs multiplying after todays work

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
kevin72
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 38068

Re: grey hairs multiplying after todays work

Postby kevin72 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:35 pm

went back this morning and tested the fuel flow at the carb, got a good steady stream out of it. also went back and double checked the vent cap, it is visually open and I checked the fuel flow with the cap on and the cap off, there was no difference in flow.
Also checked the spark again, had a nice blue spark that would easily jump 0.150" maybe more.
Think Im going to start checkin compression at diffferent temps. It cant hurt anything at this point. Thanks again for all the tips and suggestions. Ill post again when something changes.
KJ

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:41 pm

Seafoam time..... if the compression is ok you have a sticky valve i guess.

When i first got my int154 and mowing the first few times it would stall but start right up but by the third time mowing it was stalling and harder to start and finally it just died and wouldn't start up. I took the fuel line off and it had no gas at that time. I blew into the gas line and heard a pop in the tank(i had the gas cap off). Ever since that the gas has been flowing ever since. I must have had some crap above the fuel bowel. I was stuck on the lawn and desperate.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Garland Terry
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Garland Terry » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:33 am

I have spent several minutes reading all these posts and the whole time thinking that it was either a vent stopped up or a intermitant spark spark interuption. Try to run it without the gas cap, of course don't drive it around. Do you have the bubble gas cap that is a factory type or do you have an automotive type. If it is the latter it won't work as the vent is active not passive. I had an old honda 3 wheeler that had a on/off tank vent. I tore the carb apart twice and then the 12 year old kid points to the cap and says " does that need to point to "ON". Should have whipped the smart alec! The next thing that comes to mind, with a backfire, is that the timing is jumping around. Is there a sloppy distributor shaft? or a brittle wire between the condenser to the coil or points? Carry on. GT

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”