This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Mower blade nut size?

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
dennnis79
10+ Years
10+ Years

Mower blade nut size?

Postby dennnis79 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:35 am

Can anyone tell me what size socket I need to remove the blades on the three blade 60" mower deck?
dennis
"Hey, I didn't get a harumpf outta that guy!"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Mower blade nut size?

Postby Rick Prentice » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:13 pm

Hey Dennis. I was over George Hibb's place today and we measured his 185 deck(IH) blade bolts. It uses 2 bolts for each spindle that are 1/2-13 x 1-3/4" long. They use a 3/4" wrench with 3/4"wrench to also hold the nuts underneath(also had lock washers). Hope that helps and you still need the info.

Rick
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

dennnis79
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby dennnis79 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:20 pm

Thanks Rick. I could have sworn that the nuts that held the blades on were bigger than that, but I've slept since I looked at them last. I think I'll just take the whole set.

Thanks again for looking.
dennis

"Hey, I didn't get a harumpf outta that guy!"

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Rick Prentice » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:27 pm

If it's like everything else involved with these tractors, they made changes like we change our socks :shock: Surprises everyday :D With the bolts/nuts being removable, who knows what the originals may have been. I think I'd also take the whole set :D

Rick
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”