This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Charging system

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Charging system

Postby BigBill » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:53 pm

On my first int154 the amp gage needle isn't steady when its running. And my battery is going dead after run it for a while. I lookat the wiring and its all corroded/tarnished. I guess its time to rewire the charging system. I'm wondering why does the amp gage needle jump on some of my tractors. What causes this? It goes from positive to negative constantly. I have a new S/G and a new regulator. Do brand new regulators need to be readjusted?
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Garland Terry
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Charging system

Postby Garland Terry » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:42 am

Yes. that could be it. also pass a point file across the contacts a time or two to break and factory applied corrosion! Also get a different Bat-tree off another rig. and check it out. You could have a plate aneroid bouncing around inside the Bat-tree. Grandpa always said it is usually the fuel filter or battery. GT

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”