This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Price range of a 154 Lowboy?

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Ida Red
10+ Years
10+ Years

Price range of a 154 Lowboy?

Postby Ida Red » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:08 pm

At today's price range on a 154 assuming it is running, has a mower deck and 3pt hitch. It looks to be in good average condition.
IHC made a quality machine and was leader of the pack.Let's keep them running,

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: Price range of a 154 Lowboy?

Postby BigBill » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:53 am

From what i have seen price wise here in Ct. they seem to vary a lot. I picked up a running 154 missing the deck drive belt with a 3260 mower & 3pt hitch for $800. I purchased a non running 154 for $400. Then i found another running 154 with the creeper and IH snowplow w/chains for $1,700. These are low prices when it comes to int154's. I see the restored or good looking/running int154's going for $3,500 with a mower deck. Just checkout Ebay. The 154's seem to bring higher prices than the fcub's. Like i said the prices can vary alot and it depends on what you want and the attachments it has with it. Its a matter were we live as the prices will vary too. I would jump on any 154 that runs and is under $1,000 the lower the better.

Since everything was an option on these attachment wise its still hard to find a 154 with the 3pt and the creeper but i'm sure there still out there. We can still buy the creeper setup and the 3pt hitch on ebay if you can find a cheap int154 to put it on. There are still 154 parts on ebay from hamiltonbobscubs he also sells complete tractors too.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Ida Red
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ida Red » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:16 am

Hey Bill how are you doing. Tractor dealing times have surely changed over the last several years. Thanks loads for all the info. I see Hamiltonbobs ad.
I have my eye on one.I have some Cub parts and Allis G parts as well.
Red .....Norwich, Ontario.

Ida Red
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ida Red » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:25 am

Bill I like your slogan. They say you never really change you just improve on the skills you do have. They say it is harder to go from Fair to Average than from Good to Excellent.
As a teacher, I always liked working with the Fair to Average kids because they got the most kick out of the new skills they learned compared to the good to excellent kids because they could survive on their own any way. Red

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:29 am

Ida Red wrote:Bill I like your slogan. They say you never really change you just improve on the skills you do have. They say it is harder to go from Fair to Average than from Good to Excellent.
As a teacher, I always liked working with the Fair to Average kids because they got the most kick out of the new skills they learned compared to the good to excellent kids because they could survive on their own any way. Red

Back in the old neighborhood my garage was the real monster garage. I had all the neighborhood kids there repairing there dirtbikes and keeping them interested and out of trouble. I tried to teach kids they can do anything they put there minds too. I had success with most of them. But with some i could see its the enviroment they grew up in. Even with some people where i was the group leader at work, some would do more to get out of doing work than it was just doing the task. I accept that everyone is different and need to be motivated in different ways. One way of motivation was taking each one out for lunch and just talking with them one on one. I also took them all out for lunch together too so we could bond as a team. I also started the company picnics with everyone we were involved with too. I found my guys becomming a team rather than fighting with each other.

The kids are actually products of there enviroment and as they become older and adults its still inbedded in them and we need to break the mold and show them there is more to life.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”