This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

184 not starting

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dieselrider
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16656
Tractors Owned: 1977 Cub 184 Lowboy
1979 John Deere 2640
2013 Kubota L3800 TLB
1949 International Cub

184 not starting

Postby Dieselrider » Wed May 05, 2010 11:22 am

We mowed once with this this spring and I went to start it yesterday and it will crank but not fire. I believe it is not getting spark as I tried a shot of either and still noting. The coil is putting out some juice (enough to throw a spark but, kind of yellow. Shouldn't it be white hot? This coil was put on a year or two ago and is the second coil installed by me since I have had the machine. (10 years maybe). Any thoughts or hints on troubleshooting. Was some corrosive build up on the contacts inside the dist. cap. Cleaned those but, still nothing. Maybe plug wires?, Coil? Dist cap? Points?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Re: 184 not starting

Postby beaconlight » Wed May 05, 2010 12:47 pm

Weak spark is usually a bad coil. Though poor connections on the low voltage side including dirty or oxidized points as well as a bad condenser can do it too. Carbon traces on the inside of a Distributor cap can do it too.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”