This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Another update and yet another question!

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
duff
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47462

Another update and yet another question!

Postby duff » Sun May 23, 2010 11:46 am

Alright after some of your guys help over here I have finally diagnosis my problem. It wasn't the clutch, the drive shaft, or internal gears...it was the pin/bolt that holds the clutch plate to the transmition gears. Too bad I had to tear it all apaprt to find out it was missing but after I make it to the hardware store for a new bolt I should be back in business..that is once I can get my gears lined up again. Just today when I was dinking around with it I took the shifter off and when putting it back on I accidentdly moved it into another gear. Now the transmition seems bound up and when I put the plate back on it won't shift it to mesh up correctly

Any advice on how to get the gears to line back up so I can drive it?

Thanks again guys I have learned alot the last few days while messing around with my 154.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: Another update and yet another question!

Postby Rudi » Sun May 23, 2010 8:45 pm

Until I can get a decent Blue Ribbon Service Manual up for the Numbered Series.. the IH-38 1974 Edition Completeare useful. Pages 12 and 13 should help you sort it out.

Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

outdoors4evr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48370
Tractors Owned: 184

Postby outdoors4evr » Mon May 24, 2010 8:53 am

Sounds like you didn't get the shift lever into the pocket (between the two shift forks).
Pull the cover, make sure both of the shift forks are in the middle position (neutral) then move the shift lever into neutral.
Reinstall shift lever.
184 w/ Creeper & 3-Point
IH 3160a Mower
IH Model 15 Tiller
IH-54 Blade

duff
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby duff » Mon May 24, 2010 6:13 pm

outdoors4evr wrote:Sounds like you didn't get the shift lever into the pocket (between the two shift forks).
Pull the cover, make sure both of the shift forks are in the middle position (neutral) then move the shift lever into neutral.
Reinstall shift lever.

I tried that sortof. Once I realized I was going down hill I decided to give it one last shot and only half hearted at that. I didn't want to mess anything up more then already did. If I was really crunched for time I would have probably been more agressive but I have to wait for some parts to show up before I can finish so no since in pushingtoo hard.

Thanks I will give it another shot.

duff
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby duff » Wed May 26, 2010 5:46 pm

Any more advice?

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Wed May 26, 2010 8:22 pm

Like the guys already said, remove the transimission cover, align both shift forks to the center (neutral) position and re-install the cover making sure the ball on the end of the shifter is situated between the forks.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

duff
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby duff » Thu May 27, 2010 6:57 pm

Thanks guys. I finally got enough guts to push things around with a bit more force and got the gears unbound. Should be cutting grass in about 2 weeks! Fishing, work and family are taking priority the next few days!

Thanks again guys.

oojimmyc
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 80003
Tractors Owned: '69 IH 154 Lo-Boy

Postby oojimmyc » Fri May 28, 2010 9:24 am

Duff,
Just in case you need assistance in prioritizing those...it's: FISHING, FISHING, FAMILY, FISHING, FAMILY, FISHING, FISHING...AND OH YEAH, WORK! :mrgreen:

arthurpbloom
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 11964

Postby arthurpbloom » Fri May 28, 2010 1:59 pm

If I were to push things around and go fishing for two weeks, the grass would be so high that I'd need a herd of cows, not a LoBoy, to do the lawn. It grows so fast I barely get anything else done around here.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”