This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

154 charging problem

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
56FordGuy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 37022
Tractors Owned: 154 LoBoy, 185 LoBoy, IH 424, Ford 8N

154 charging problem

Postby 56FordGuy » Mon May 24, 2010 9:30 pm

I need some help with the charging system on my 154. I've printed off the wiring diagram from the IT manual, but I just can't read it.

I'm getting 15 volts (roughly) out of my regulator, going back to the battery. I have 15 volts on the cable that runs from the starter/ generator to the top of the solenoid beneath the dash. I have no power coming out of the bottom of that solenoid back to the positive post of the battery. The key switch on my machine has been replaced with one that isn't correct. I'm wondering if the key switch is supposed to continually provide power to the solenoid, to keep it closed so voltage can flow to the battery while the machine is running. If that's the case, my solenoid may be good, but the aftermarket key switch is the problem.

Ideas or opinions would be appreciated.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”