This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Main & Rod Bearing Markings

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
b52c130
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07869

Main & Rod Bearing Markings

Postby b52c130 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:03 pm

To those of you who have disassembled numbered Loboy C60 engines;
Did the Main & Rod Bearings from the factory come stamped with "STD" on the backs?
Did the replacement bearings that you have seen come stamped "STD", "010", "020", etc?
Also; any aluminum domed top replacement pistons that you have used, were they stamped "010", "020", etc on the top of them?
I am planing on dropping the oil pan and pulling a main and a rod bearing cap to check to see if the crank is Standard or not, without miking it. Planing on doing an "in tractor" thrift ring and bearing job.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Main & Rod Bearing Markings

Postby Eugene » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:47 am

Can not 100% confirm that all rod and main bearing shells are marked on the back. Most are. Pistons, I don't know.

You will have to remove the pistons from the engine. You will need to clean up and then measure everything before making any decissions.

I plastiguage the rod and main bearings during disassembly.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”