This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Transmission drain Cub 154

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
al b 154
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 06278

Transmission drain Cub 154

Postby al b 154 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:30 pm

I've looked under the tractor but can't find the drain. I have a back plate(took the bottom bolt out but that didn't do it), I have axle covers bolts on both sides but they look like they are too high to drain all the fluid, and the hydraulic pipe. That's all I see. Should I take apart the pipe? Should I check the level with the deck up of down?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

oojimmyc
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 80003
Tractors Owned: '69 IH 154 Lo-Boy

Re: Transmission drain Cub 154

Postby oojimmyc » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:38 pm

I removed the pipe to drain mine. Couldn't see any other way other than siphon it out. Good thing though, the pipe was cracked and leaking. Now it's tight as a drum. :-:-):

outdoors4evr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48370
Tractors Owned: 184

Re: Transmission drain Cub 154

Postby outdoors4evr » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:31 pm

There should be a drain plug on the back plate of the transmission (which is partially hidden by the 3-point hardware if you have that option). If you remove the plug and nothing comes out, try to poke a wire in there and see if something is clogging up the hole.

Hydraulics are best in a relaxed state. If you are going to drain the hydraulics, then your deck will probably end up in a lowered position anyway. You may as well start out that way just to be safe.

- By the way... the hydraulic cylinder for the deck is the lowest point in the system. You may want to drain that oil as well just to make sure you have drained all possible water from the system. This is a real pain to bleed while refilling the system.
184 w/ Creeper & 3-Point
IH 3160a Mower
IH Model 15 Tiller
IH-54 Blade

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”