This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

painting my 1st int154

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

painting my 1st int154

Postby BigBill » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:07 pm

Since i'm waiting for new parts to come in i started cleaning and painting my int154. I figured i would strip it down to do all the yellow since i have the rear all apart. The new PTO bearings are taking so long to get here with my seals for my 3260 deck I hope i can have it all painted by the time the parts get here.

I'm sure like most int154's i'm seeing the battery area rusting all over the place. I been thinking about making the area larger to install a plastic battery box with a cover. Then a rubber hose needs to be added for a vent. That should stop the acid gas from getting on the tractor. I need to solve this problem on all 3 of my int154's. My fcub has the same problem too and i'm thinking of a larger steel box so the plastic battery box will fit into it with a steel cover just a tad larger than the orginal battery box.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

outdoors4evr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48370
Tractors Owned: 184

Re: painting my 1st int154

Postby outdoors4evr » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:19 pm

Any reason why you wouldn't fix up the battery box, paint it, then coat it with a truck bedliner like material?
184 w/ Creeper & 3-Point
IH 3160a Mower
IH Model 15 Tiller
IH-54 Blade

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: painting my 1st int154

Postby BigBill » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:16 pm

The orginal battery box is fine its just stained brown from the battery and the years its been like that, I guess a goiod cleaning and painting with bed liner would also work too.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”