This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Carb and timing question

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
glennsjr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12764

Carb and timing question

Postby glennsjr » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:39 am

This is an easy one for you cub guys, When setting timing is it set at idle ? Is their any type of centrifugal advance that kicks in at a given speed?? for setting the timing does the pointer get lined up to the line on crankshaft or does it get advance or retarded? Carb question Is it posible to convert to an adjustable main metering valve on an nonadjustable carb? Thanks guys

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Carb and timing question

Postby Cecil » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:31 am

I just spent some time looking at the manuals and either I did not see it or it does not give the procedure for timing. I always time at high idle. There should be 2 marks on your engine pulley. The first mark turning the engine is 16 degrees before TDC. The second is TDC. Time your engine with a timing light to the first mark. As for converting a fixed jet to an adjustabe jet I'm sure someone out there could figure out how to. I do not however see the need. They have run just fine for 60 years with a fixed jet.

glennsjr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12764

Re: Carb and timing question

Postby glennsjr » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:42 am

Cecil thank you for your reply. The reason I asked about the jet is seems like all the older stuff had adj. jets old habits are hard to brake :roll: . thanks again

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”