185 tranmission oil change

Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:47 pm

Ok, I just bought a 185 and I want to change the transmission oil. When I look at the bottom of the trans the lowest drain plug has a tube coming out next to it, is this for the trans or some other pump? And where is the fill plug. When I look online I can only find info on the older cubs but no pictures on the 185.

Re: 185 tranmission oil change

Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:32 pm

The tube is for the hydraulic system, the transmission is the storage tank. The plug next to it should drain the transmission but mine is broken so I just took off the back plate. The back plate also has the filler plug.

Re: 185 tranmission oil change

Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:35 pm

I just tried to see if the drain bolt will move and it looks like its frozen. What is the drain plug thats located about 4 inches to the front and 1 up on the driver side?

Re: 185 tranmission oil change

Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:23 am

As Landero says it's also the 'tank' for the hydraulic system. Be sure to use HyTran or another good grade of hydraulic fluid when refilling.