Throwing oil up through the shifter tower.

IH CUB LoBoy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your LoBoy related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

Throwing oil up through the shifter tower.

Postby Phazer » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:28 pm

I noticed that if I run in 3rd gear alot, the trans leaks fluid out of the shifter tower onto the top of the trans and makes a mess of everything. I've drained and refilled the trans up to the bottom of the plug, (on rear cover). I haven't drove it enough to see if it does it in 1st or 2nd, but it does in 3rd after driving around the block.

I took the shifter apart, (couldn't get the lower cup out, with the "H" cut in it), and the only thing I did different was put the o-ring under the upper umbrella cup, it was on top under the lower spring retainer.

Any ideas?

BTW . . . Got my headlights working. One of the PO's had hooked the violet wire from the switch, up to the "F" terminal of the regulator. Gsssshhhhhh.
I now have a flashing double yellow pancake light, a constant red light, (both work at full brightness on "DIM" & "BRT". And I have the white wire available to run a rear utility light at a future date.
Phazer
Cub Star
Cub Star

Zip Code: 46975

Return to LoBoy Series - 154, 184, 185