This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Throwing oil up through the shifter tower.

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Phazer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 46975

Throwing oil up through the shifter tower.

Postby Phazer » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:28 pm

I noticed that if I run in 3rd gear alot, the trans leaks fluid out of the shifter tower onto the top of the trans and makes a mess of everything. I've drained and refilled the trans up to the bottom of the plug, (on rear cover). I haven't drove it enough to see if it does it in 1st or 2nd, but it does in 3rd after driving around the block.

I took the shifter apart, (couldn't get the lower cup out, with the "H" cut in it), and the only thing I did different was put the o-ring under the upper umbrella cup, it was on top under the lower spring retainer.

Any ideas?

BTW . . . Got my headlights working. One of the PO's had hooked the violet wire from the switch, up to the "F" terminal of the regulator. Gsssshhhhhh.
I now have a flashing double yellow pancake light, a constant red light, (both work at full brightness on "DIM" & "BRT". And I have the white wire available to run a rear utility light at a future date.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”