This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Made my own plug wires. Pt#'s

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Phazer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 46975

Made my own plug wires. Pt#'s

Postby Phazer » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:26 am

For some unknown reason, I didn't like the straight boots on both the sparkplugs or the cap. Half the wire end were missing their terminal ends and just the wire core was folded over and stuffed into the cap end. I went to our local NAPA store that has some very helpful people and they hooked me up with all the items to make my own with 90* ends on both the plug and cap ends. It was pretty easy and only took me about 45 minutes. The only thing you need to be aware of is that going to 90* ends means the ends, (at least at the cap), have to be clocked/indexed so you don't have to twist the cable to get the end to line-up. Here's the part number below. The only boot I didn't get, (I forgot), was the one that goes on the coil, I used the old one.

727300: Cap end 90* boot
727402: Sparkplug 90* boot (red, not black like I wanted)
727006: Sparkplug terminal
727004: Cap terminal
727003: Coil terminal
734803: Steel-core wire

The only problem I see is, the 90* cap terminals "HAVE" to be crimped with a special pair of pliers. They support the terminal while you crimp the end. The local NAPA store "loaned" them to me and I took it back when I was done.

Total cost . . . .$21.03 and that was with 14' of wire, I only used maybe 8' or 9'.

Landreo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 29130
Tractors Owned: fcub(5)
tricycle cub
154 (4)
Earthmaster (2)
JD 40T, JD 420 crawler-loader, JD MT
JD Unstyled A, Styled A, Unstyled AR
JD H
Centaur Tractor
AC Model C, G
Cub Cadets (9)
Gibson D
Red-E
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Made my own plug wires. Pt#'s

Postby Landreo » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:49 pm

Good numbers to know. My local NAPA denies having any spark plug wire. Only a few years ago I could go to any parts store and by generic plug wire kits that you cut to size.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”