This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Carb how to's

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
quickslv
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 08317

Carb how to's

Postby quickslv » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:26 pm

First post EVER so take it easy on me.

OK I purchased my very first tractor which is a 79' 184 loBoy and been loving every second of it. Was wondering if some one can explain to me on how to maintence /rebuild my carb. The reason being is because I am starting to have a little more blow by then usual. Could it have anything to do becuse of the season's meaning summer to winter?

I know their is some Old school wisdom out their that can point me in the right direction.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Carb how to's

Postby Bigdog » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:58 pm

Welcome to the forum! Which carb do you have? The IH or the Zenith? Good rebuild kits come with instructions so rebuilding is pretty straightforward.
Your blow by issue has nothing to do with your carb though so if the tractor is running well otherwise you may not need to do anything to the carb. Many have found that a little seafoam added to the oil and fuel will help unstick rings which might be causing some of your blow by.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”