first break down 154

Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:56 pm

i was out plowing the slush of driveway, pushed slush into pile,, went to go in reverse and a bolt somewere broke off and now nothing ,,shaft aint spinning motor is so quite without the shaft spinning ya can barly here it run . were should i look havent messed with it yet bolt fell on ground from around flywheel motor erea thanx steve :(

Re: first break down 154

Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:46 pm

Yea, pretty common, sheared off one of the drive shaft coupling bolts. It probably was not the correct bolt, as they are about $19 from a Cub Cadet or CaseIH dealer. Unfortunately, you really do need to go with the correct bolt, as it has a really long shank, and about 1/2" of threads on the end, that way the shank goes all the way through all of the coupling and the threaded part is outside of the coupling. Take the tunnel cover off and you'll see them.

Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:11 pm

this is what i found on ground havent looked at it yet.Image so i should look where the driveshaft coupler mounts to the flywheel.. 20 bucks and a easy fix would make my day..thanx the center where the threeds are missing is that from wear. bolt is 1/2 inch x 1 1/2 long that fell off. but its broke off so dont no how long it is normally. case dealer with my serial # can hook me up then,,, thanx steve

Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:14 pm

thanx for the info $ $ 16.95 ,,done ,,,steve