I was happy that the engine did not have to be moved. The clutch took about 1/2 hour to remove, shaft needed a little coaxing to slide forward. I decided to remove rear seat/fenders sheet metal as a unit, so I Could have good visual access to rear clutch and output shaft. As what I expected to find, the clutch flywheel was loose, and my home made bushing did not hold up. PO had used a beer can as a bushing to try take up slack and make for a tight fit between clutch flywheel and output shaft. This worked for a while, but eventually failed, so now I have to decide what my best option is to make the clutch operate as it should. My thinking is machine shop installed bushing , but not sure 100% what will work. the clutch flywheel is a spit design , that has a bolt that goes through clutch flywheel & output shaft, no pin used, not sure if the PO did this or if this 154 came this way factory. If anyone has ideas for me on possible repairs, let me know ...Thanks! I have a few pictures, you may see the wear on the hole through the output shaft and clutch flywheel hole, the bolt I removed had no signs of wear, but a ton of play in clutch flywheel. I need to figure a way out to shim or have a machine shop make a bushing to take up any slack. Poor design for a main power clutch in my opinion.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.