154 flywheel help

Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:05 pm

On a friends 154, the flywheel has some rubber grommets in it where the pulleys go and the drive shaft mount (all here say- havn't seen it so I don't know what I'm saying) The friend wants to know where to buy those rubber grommets- his are ate up!
Can you set me straight and send me in a good direction. Local IH dealer has no stock or availble


Re: 154 flywheel help

Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:41 am

I have not seen the spacers on an early 154 but there may be something that will work at Mcmaster-Carr. Also try Carter Gruenwald on the web.

Re: 154 flywheel help

Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:27 pm

also try hamilton bobs and or Messicks IH and or Bates corp ih specialists

Re: 154 flywheel help

Thu May 05, 2011 11:30 pm

the rubber grommets are a antivibrater part, it sticks out past the metal coupler just a little, so the flywheel and coupler dont rub together and statically weld themselve together, also to lemmanate noise