This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Numbered LoBoy Implements Questions

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
tobaccoman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Numbered LoBoy Implements Questions

Postby tobaccoman » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:58 pm

On an upcoming auction, there is a blade advertised for a 154. Question number 1 is will this blade fit my 184? And if so, how do you raise and lower it hydraulicly. My 184 has the hydraulic controlled mower deck, of course, but I see no provision for any other hydraulic outlets anywhere. The tractor does not have a three point hitch.
Question # 2: There is also a 3pth one bottom plow on the sale bill which I am assuming is a model 310(?) for the numbered loboys. How desirable are these plows and how much do they usually sell for?
Question # 3: A 3pth 42" tiller is also advertised. Again, I am assuming it is for a loboy. So are these things PTO powered or belt driven and could also be used with a Cub Cadet?
As you can tell, I know nothing about the implements for these numbered Loboys since I have been using my 184 for the past few years just for mowing. Thought I might expand the uses for the little tractor with some implements if I can obtain some knowledge.
Any answers to my questions will be much appreciated.
Thanks.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

bob in CT
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 06040
Tractors Owned: 77 Cub (red); 74 Cub; 52 Cub; 50 Cub ( post-demo)
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Numbered LoBoy Implements Questions

Postby bob in CT » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:15 pm

The manual server has the TC-131 manual that has information on the attachments. I am pretty sure the attachments can be used on all the numbered Lo-Boys

gitractorman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14072
eBay ID: toysforjake
Tractors Owned: Lots of Cub Cadets!
1951 Farmall Cub
1977 IH Cub
1966 IH Cub
1965 IH Lo Boy
1964 IH Lo Boy
1949 Farmall Cub
Several IH 154 Lo Boys
1979 IH 184 Lo Boy
Simplicity 4416 Sovereign
Simplicity Conquest
Simplicity Legacy 4x4 Diesel
Mitsubishi MT180D 4x4 Diesel

Postby gitractorman » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:21 pm

Well, it sounds like you have a mix of implements, but I'll try to answer your questions.

Yes, a blade for a 154 will work on a 185 or a 184, they are all physically the same tractor. They raise and lower the blade by attaching a bar to the rockshaft (L shaped bar just below the foot rests, where the mower deck hangs to raise and lower). The bar runs from the rockshaft, forward to the blade, where the blade pivots on the front hanger, and makes the blade go up / down.

#2 - If you have a 3-point hitch, any Cat-1, 3-point hitch, 1-bottom plow will will work on your lo-boy. However, if it is truely an IH 310 plow, it is a bit more desireable. I have no idea how much they go for, but figure $150 to $250.

#3 - IH did NOT make a 42" tiller for the lo-boys. It should be a 50" tiller (if I remember correctly) and they ARE VERY RARE!!! However, since you already said it is a 42" tiller, I'm guessing it is for the Cub Cadet (although they were only 40" if I remember right) They are not interchangable. The tiller for a Lo Boy will have typical Cat-1 3-point hitch mounting pins and top link, and a PTO shaft to run to the rear PTO on the Lo-boy. The Cub Cadet tiller is belt driven, and needs a right-angle gear box assembly to bolt to the back of the Cub Cadet tractor which acts as both the PTO drive and the mounting for the tiller. Without the right-angle gear box assembly, the tiller is pretty much worthless. The Cub Cadet tiller uses a LONG drive belt which runs from the front PTO pulley on the engine, down under the tractor, to the rear right-angle gear box. Then uses another short belt to run from the right-angle gear box to the large pulley on the tiller.
Cub Cadets 682, 1811, 1864, Simplicity Legacy XL 4x4 Diesel with FEL, 60" mower, 50" Tiller

HAMILTONBOB
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby HAMILTONBOB » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:13 pm

The 154 blade will fot the 184. The same rockshaft for your mower also is used for the lifting of the blade.
Good Luck
Hamiltonbob

tobaccoman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby tobaccoman » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Thanks to all of you who replied. It was very informative.
To bob in CT: I looked in the manual section but could not find the manual you referenced or any Loboy manuals for that matter. Can you explain further to help me find it.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:05 am

Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”