This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

New guy with 184 front plow questions

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Ridgerunner
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49423

New guy with 184 front plow questions

Postby Ridgerunner » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:37 pm

Hello all. This summer I bought a (late 70's?) IH 184 for use here on our farmstead. At the time, I didn't even know that I was looking for a tractor, but when I seen it, I had to have it. :D You know how that goes.

Any how, it's in pretty decent shape (not a show queen by any means, but just a good old working tractor) The tractor came equiped with mid hydraulic lift, 3pt hitch, independent rear braking, 3-speed tranny with selectable creeper hi/lo gear. And it came with a few attachments also. A 3pt. drawbar, 6' 3pt. back blade, 5' 3pt. yorkrake/yardrake, 3pt. forks, a 3pt. Woods rear mower, a front snow plow blade and a front ram-pusher for pushing/moving cars around.

Since this summer, I only used the back blade to level dirt, the yorkrake and back blade to smooth our gravel driveway and the 3pt. forks to move stuff around. Today I was going to mount up the front snow plow for winter duty, and relized that some of the pieces are missing and didn't get them when I brought the tractor home. I have the plow blade, main frame lifting arm, plow support angle assembly and the lift link brackets. I have pretty much the plow and complete under carriage.

This is where I need some help. I need some dimensions for some of the pieces that I'm missing.

1) The L-shaped mounting plates
2) The lift connecting bars
3) The triangle lift plate

I do metal fabrication for a living and these pieces look easy enough to make. I just need dimensions to duplicate them.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: New guy with 184 front plow questions

Postby RaymondDurban » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:52 pm

Welcome to the forum!
I tried to look for a sketch of what you are looking for, I thought they had been posted/saved from a previous request, but I couldn't fond them. Maybe someone will be along shortly that can get ahold of what you need.

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL

Postby John(videodoc) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:21 am

Welcome aboard. Be sure to look up the announcement pages for a cubfest near you, and be sure to attend one soon.

Ridgerunner
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ridgerunner » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:52 pm

I was able to get all the dimensions this week that I needed, except for a couple. If anyone can get me the ones that I need, then I'll be all set, and ready to start making my missing pieces.

The dimensions I'll need are labeled in the picture...

(A) from top edge of bracket to center of bolt
(B) from edge to center of bolt
(C) from edge to center of bolt

(RED line) center to center
(YELLOW line) center to center
(GREEN line) center to center

Any help would be appreciated.

Ridgerunner
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ridgerunner » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:47 pm

Anyone with a plow out there?? Snow is on the way :{_}:

Keith Seymore
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Keith Seymore » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:37 am

Ridgerunner -

Just an observation, but you should be able to measure the distance between the bolts (aka the red line) by measuring the hole locations on the tractor.

Knowing that dimension, you can scale the others off the photo and use that multiplication factor to get the remaining dimensions, or a close approximation. Since the edge dimensions are aesthetic only the green and yellow lines are the most critical in terms of function.

I apologize in advance if this is something you already thought of and discarded, or if it's not helpful, but I have had some success in the past using this technique to fabricate brackets for my Farmall.

K

seahaul
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28538
Tractors Owned: LoBoy 185 with Woods mower
LoBoy 184 with Woods mower and 3-pt
LoBoy 184 with RM59-LB mower

Postby seahaul » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:47 am

These are the measurements from my blade on a 154:
A = 3/4"
B = 1-1/2"
C = 1"

Red line = 3-1/4"
Yellow line = 6-1/4"
Green line = 4-1/4"

Hope this helps.
Charlie

Ridgerunner
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ridgerunner » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:25 pm

Keith, thank you for the insight and advice. Yes I could have fudged it some, guessed and got it close if i had to. I assumed someone here had a 184 with a snow plow on it also, which would get me exact measurments of what I needed.

Charlie, you are the man.......thank you. :D

Keith Seymore
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Keith Seymore » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:24 am

Ridgerunner - no problem.

I may have to follow up with Charlie as I attempt to put a blade on my 154 -

K

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”