This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

clutch brake

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
mason79
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45693

clutch brake

Postby mason79 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:48 pm

i posted awhile back about some problems i was having with my 154, well i have decided to fix this thing. today i moved the engine forward to get the clutch out, tomorrow i have to get the tranny input shaft out. i found a thread on here to help me remove it. my question is about the clutch brake. there is not one on it which is probably why i am having to do all this work. i was wondering if anyone could post a pic of the clutch brake mounted on their tractor or a diagram of the brake. i want to take care of all problems while i have it apart and i have no idea how or where it mounts or what all parts i will have to purchase. thanks in advance.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: clutch brake

Postby RaymondDurban » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:52 pm

This is all the clutch brake consists of to stop the transmission flywheel.
The two red arrows point to the acutal brakes. When you push the clutch pedal in, a linkage not only pushes in on the clutch fingers to release the disc, but it also pulls a rod that then pulls the plate that puts pressure on the back of these pucks on to the back of the transmission flywheel to stop it. They are a little more forward than they will be in the tractor, I just pushed them forward a bit for clarification. If I had pushed them another three eights inch or so, they would fall out. There is no mechanical device that holds them in, they kinda 'float' there, sandwiched between the transmission flywheel and the plate.
Might be able to see it better here: http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa4 ... 3fe102.jpg
Hope this helps.

mason79
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45693

Re: clutch brake

Postby mason79 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:29 pm

thanks. i appreciate the photo, exactly what i needed. im hoping to get this tractor back together in the next week or so.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”