This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

154 with snowplow

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
twotone
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15132
Tractors Owned: 53 F Cub
73 F Cub
53 Super A With Snow/Grader Blade
193 Plow With Colter And Jointer
144 Cultivators
22 Mower
Circle of Safety: Y

154 with snowplow

Postby twotone » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:39 am

I've had a snowplow and tire chains for about 10 years when I bought the 154, but I never put the chains and plow on until this fall. We had a pretty good snow yesterday and last night so I put it to the test. I couldn't believe how good it plowed! I don't think I even spun a tire. It has it's limitations, but for what it is, it works great. I never put it on before because I didn't think it would work very good, boy was I wrong.

Tom
Know Your Cub, And Your Cub Will Know You.

Tom

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: 154 with snowplow

Postby BigBill » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:15 am

At first with just chains only i couldn't push snow at all. When the tractors front end pointed down hill it couldn't back up. I added a set of wheel weights with very little change. On flat, level ground its ok. But i have a sloped driveway and off camber situations. When i switched to my duo-cross tire chains its a snow pushing animal now.

Right now i'm running one set of rear wheel weights with my duo-cross tire chains and my int154 pushes snow with no problem. The clutch slips sometimes in high range but not all the time. In low range with the creeper it never slips. I baby it anyway till the restoration. I have a new flywheel & clutch setup sitting here. I used it all lastyear in the heavy snowfall we had. I never used my jeep tractor once the 154 did it all.

I figure after the restoration i'll put turf tires on it with two sets of rear wheel weights and my tire chains and thats it. I leave this tractor with the plow on it all year. I have another 154 for mowing.
Last edited by BigBill on Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

twotone
10+ Years
10+ Years
73 F Cub
144 Cultivators
22 Mower

Postby twotone » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:21 am

Mine has 1 set of weights front and rear plus ladder chains. I also put a 36" threaded rod in the drawbar hole and added some barbell weights and some wore out disc blades, about 100 pounds. I just bought a A60 plow for my super a so the 154 gets restored this summer and has an easy life after that, that tractor deserves it!

Tom

Tom

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:23 am

I want to get a super A next to play with. But i want a two stage snowblower for my int154 maybe a hydraulic driven one.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

twotone
10+ Years
10+ Years
73 F Cub
144 Cultivators
22 Mower

Postby twotone » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:50 pm

Bill, I was looking for a Cub when I found my SA. It was bought brand new in 1953 by a grade school to cut grass-period. I've had to go through a few things because it sat for the last few years,(indoors)but it looks like new and nothing is wore out. I'm still looking for another Cub, and when the right one comes along, I'll buy it.

Tom

Tom

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”