Switch to full style
IH CUB LoBoy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your LoBoy related issues.

Forum rules

Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Post a reply

Re: Need more help--New guy here with 154 troubles

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:03 pm

Got the new shifter fork in and cannot figure out how to get it on. I can get it into the case, underneath the shifting rail, but I can't get it over the rail. Any advice greatly appreciated. I do not want to have to split the tractor.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:04 pm

Look at this thread. I think it explains how to do it.
http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=59477

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:17 pm

I can easily slide the shifting rail back and forth, but it comes back and hits something solid. I can't move it any further. Any ideas?

Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:31 pm

Got it all figured out and put back together. Gonna eat some lunch and get it all buttoned up and try it out. Hope everything works like it should.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:21 pm

Thanks to all of your help i got it all put together and even mowed with it for about fifteen min. The only thing is at times when i try to put it in reverse it may not go until i let the clutch out a little then try again. I adjusted the clutch to where it doesnt grind going into gear now too.
I also tightened up the belt that drives the mower and it seems to mow the thicker grass a little better now.
A big thanks goes out to all that helped me here on this forum.
Post a reply