This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

154 with 3260 mower

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
metalmender
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01077

154 with 3260 mower

Postby metalmender » Thu May 10, 2012 6:11 pm

I have painstakingly rebuilt a 3260 mower for my 154 lowboy, but amhaving zero luck with the belt that connects the 3 blades, I had a lengthy conversation on the Phone with Hamilton Bob (great guy) and he gave me some great advice but still it eats that belt the belt is not rubbing I have sandblasted the pulleys and put them in a lathe and polished them but still after about a half hour of run time the belt looks as though its all cracked and broken, anyone have any more suggestions, I am at whitts end with this thing any and all advice will be greatly appreciated

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43358
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub Diesel (Cubota)
53 Cockshutt 20 restored (Shooter)
52 Cockshutt 20 unrestored
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 154 with 3260 mower

Postby Gary Dotson » Fri May 11, 2012 6:58 am

What brand belt are you using? I've had similar experience with Gates belts. My neighbor has a Yanmar tractor with a Woods belly mower which uses a long belt that twist & turns all over the place. When it needed a new belt I measured it and got a Gates replacement. Within an hour, the belt had cracks all over and broke. I thought it was a freak incident and tried it again with the same result. We then got a Woods belt, from the JD dealer and the problem was solved. Some belts just can't withstand all the back bending and twisting that many of these mowers put them through. I know the proper belt, from IH, is considerably more expensive, but I feel it,s the safest route to go. I'm sure there are other belts that will work fine but who can afford all the experimentation to find out?

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”