I put this together earlier and thought it would be useful to others as well.
1) Remove Mower deck
2) Remove side covers and flywheel cover. Tunnel cover can be removed as well, but is not required.
3) Unhook steering shaft at rear and rotate out of way
4) Unhook clutch fork adjustment rod at and remove the clutch fork (PAY ATTENTION TO WHICH SIDE IS FRONT)
5) Use a 3/4" open end to move the belt tensioner in and slip the PTO belts off toward the front of tractor (unloading tensioner spring)
6) Remove the rockshaft and tensioner spring - A floor jack helps lower it without injury (This is greasy, need lots of towels)
7) Use Snap Ring Pliers to move snap ring forward on the driveshaft (by the U-Joint carrier)
Loosen 4 allen head set screws on U-Joint and slide it forward off the transmission
9) Slide the driveshaft down, back, and out. (Easiest done from underneath the tractor)
10) Relocate PTO belts off the pulley and slide them back, up, and from the top pull them out of the way. This is a good opportunity to replace these but these MUST be a matched pair. Recommend purchasing FROM IH.
11) Remove screws from the clutch pressure plate and PTO Belt Drive (Easiest done from underneath the tractor)
You can get to 3 screws at a time, rotate engine by hand to access the next 3.
12) Push PTO Belt Drive upward and back to let the clutch and pressure plate fall out the bottom between the PTO Belt Drive Mounts. Then wiggle the PTO Belt drive out the bottom.
13) Remove the flywheel if needed to reface flywheel or to replace the pilot bearing.
Note: When reassembling, do not tighten down the screws for the clutch pressure plate and PTO belt drive until after
the driveshaft is installed.