This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Clutch problem

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
salemlowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44460

Clutch problem

Postby salemlowboy » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:32 pm

I have a 1973 154,problem is when I push in clutch peddle,clutch never stops spinning,if I force it into gear and let out clutch peddle it does not ingage,makes a whining sound,I've had it two years and its been great besides the normal slight grinding of gears when put into gear.i would appreciate any suggestions on a starting point to trouble shooting this problem,Thanks
1973 154

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Clutch problem

Postby Eugene » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:49 pm

There is a brake that stops the disengaged clutch from turning. Basically when you step on the clutch, the pressure plate releases the clutch disk and the brake is applied to stop the pressure plate. The brake lining resemble two small hockey pucks. Perhaps all that is needed is the brake adjusted and or two new brake lining assemblies.

The gear grinding is caused by a fault some place in the clutch system.

Obtain the 154 parts, service and operator's manual. Parts manual will show an exploded view of the clutch system and the service manual will describe the adjustments.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Landreo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 29130
Tractors Owned: fcub(5)
tricycle cub
154 (4)
Earthmaster (2)
JD 40T, JD 420 crawler-loader, JD MT
JD Unstyled A, Styled A, Unstyled AR
JD H
Centaur Tractor
AC Model C, G
Cub Cadets (9)
Gibson D
Red-E
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Clutch problem

Postby Landreo » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:42 pm

If the clutch does not engage than something else is wrong besides the clutch brake. Look at the whole drive train, adjust the clutch brake as needed but it will not keep the clutch from engaging.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”