This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub 154, Any new carb's, Electronic ignition, coil?

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Treag
10+ Years
10+ Years

Cub 154, Any new carb's, Electronic ignition, coil?

Postby Treag » Thu May 12, 2005 3:04 pm

I have just purchased a CUB 154, 73 maybe 74, and need to rebuild/replace the carb, distributor and coil. Is there a better carb to use than the stock? Also, should I switch to the electronic ignition with distributor and coil? Any help appreciated. Thank you.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Lurker Carl » Thu May 12, 2005 6:18 pm

Save yourself some money. Try to rebuild the original carburetor - unless there are parts missing or broken. Electronic ignition will not make the Cub run better or more powerful so give the old distributor a makeover with many of the items you'll need to get an electronic ignition working as well.

Treag
10+ Years
10+ Years

Thank you - New guy out of power has good posts too

Postby Treag » Thu May 12, 2005 11:03 pm

Thank you very much for the info. I will stay away from the electronic and try all the other stuff first. Lots of good posts on the NewGuy No Power.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”