This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

New 154 owner

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
FrankenCub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 13862
Tractors Owned: 154 LoBoy

Recently sold all my Cub Cadets
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: New 154 owner

Postby FrankenCub » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:40 pm

I found a hydraulic shop that is fairly close to me that specializes in rebuilding and custom work for farms, they couldn't help with a rebuild kit for these pumps either. They could however rebuild it in shop by measuring and sourcing their own seals and making the wear plates but they told me it would end up costing more than a new pump from Case/IH. So I took a chance and bought a used one off ebay. It does work well and doesn't seem to be lacking in pressure at all so I'll plumb the loader into it whan the time comes and try it. Got started on the loader frame this week and it's gonna work out really well and really easily adaptable. Will be bolted to the frame in front, middle, and between the rear axle housings where the 3pt mounts. I am removing everything for the center hydraulics including the rockshaft seems I'm not gonna use a belly mower. Will look for the Mott Flail mower or the correct brush mower for it.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

outdoors4evr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48370
Tractors Owned: 184

Postby outdoors4evr » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:47 am

I have seen a woods RM59 3-point finish mower setup for a numbered cub that might be a great mower for your project.
Does that mean you are going to be selling your hydraulic diverter valve? If so, PM me.

Take lots of pictures of your project. (and post them) We'd love to see your progress. Perhaps you can finish your loader before BigBill. (contest suggested)
184 w/ Creeper & 3-Point
IH 3160a Mower
IH Model 15 Tiller
IH-54 Blade

FrankenCub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 13862
Tractors Owned: 154 LoBoy

Recently sold all my Cub Cadets
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby FrankenCub » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:03 am

outdoors4evr wrote:I have seen a woods RM59 3-point finish mower setup for a numbered cub that might be a great mower for your project.
Does that mean you are going to be selling your hydraulic diverter valve? If so, PM me.

Take lots of pictures of your project. (and post them) We'd love to see your progress. Perhaps you can finish your loader before BigBill. (contest suggested)

I haven't seen many 3pt mowers around here yet, but haven't spent much time looking at all. This area is flooded with those dirty Green Machines :lol:
Unfortunately, my 154 didn't come with a diverter valve, the previous owner bought the 3pt at a later date used. Surplus Center has a diverter that may work well and is a LOT cheaper than an IH version. http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?i ... =hydraulic

I'll get some pictures of my progress :wink: Something I usually forget to do. I have set myself a deadline of October to have it finished, I sold my Cub Cadets to fund this project so now I have no way of snow removal. Not like we'lll get much snow but if I don't have something we'll probably get dumped on.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”