This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Would you use Electronic Ignition

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Would you use Electronic Ignition

Postby Eugene » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:50 pm

Jim Becker wrote:(Eugene, I think that is the conclusion you were hinting at.)
That is and has been my conclusion for a considerable length of time. Hype. I think the test results posted are accurate. Notice the engine rpms in the test result chart. Also, when the horsepower was higher with an electronic ignition, the horse power increase is only marginal.

If you want a hotter spark at the plugs, open up the spark plug gap. The voltage required to jump the spark plug gap is dependent on the size of the gap and internal combustion chamber pressure - ie. the resistance.

Any way, if you want an electronic ignition, by all means get one.
I have an excuse. CRS.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:42 pm

Gary Dotson wrote:I have 2 Cubs running pertronix and have had one in my Cockshutt 20 for close to 10 years. All are working great! I've probably installed a dozen or so for others, with no complaints from anyone. Yes, hotter spark will increase combustion efficiency, resulting in an increase in both torque and horsepower. We did the dyno test at Cubfest 06 (I think) and none of us expected the nearly 10% increases we got. You betcha I'll use them!

I think that if you had ever had one installed in your cub you would never regret it. There are some postings here by folks that most likely have not had any real life dealings with them :wink:

Boss
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:40 pm

Boss Hog wrote:There are some postings here by folks that most likely have not had any real life dealings with them :wink:
Boss
Gee David. I have utilized aftermarket electronic ignition systems, not on Cub, but automobiles.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:11 pm

Eugene wrote:
Boss Hog wrote:There are some postings here by folks that most likely have not had any real life dealings with them :wink:
Boss
Gee David. I have utilized aftermarket electronic ignition systems, not on Cub, but automobiles.

I sad some not you Eugene :D
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Blaserman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 19938
Tractors Owned: 69 Cub lowboy

Postby Blaserman » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:22 am

Sounds like the thing I wanted to here. I hear about leaving the Key on but that goes for points Too it will weld them together if you leave them on long.
This is my first 154 I like it alot , I said before I know where a 184 & 185 are this won't be my last Cub lowboy.
When I buy my late model Tractor W/ loader I will redo the 154. I will post my rebuild I have some tricks to share
like everyone else.

Boss Hog thanks for the Pullies they worked grate , Now I don'tt have to listen to the Grind any more.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”