This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

3 point hitch lock assembly

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
MikeLehman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 22845

3 point hitch lock assembly

Postby MikeLehman » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:08 pm

I have a 3 point hitch now on my 154 and was looking in my operator's manual to make sure everything is there. It mentions a 3 point hitch lock assembly and I saw a picture of one on Hamilton Bob's website. I did not get that part with my salvage yard 3 point hitch. Do I really need that part to use the 3 point hitch with a cross draw bar or a scraper blade? Also Bob's has a helper spring for the rockshaft listed. I am not seeing that spring on my setup so do I need it and can someone post a pic of how it and the 3 point lock assembly attach?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 3 point hitch lock assembly

Postby Eugene » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:30 pm

viewtopic.php?t=57346&p=473030

Scroll down the above post. The post contains a picture of the lock out bar for the 3-point and where it goes.

The 3 point lock out bar "locks" the 3-point into the elevated position. When the 3-point is locked into position, the hydraulic system then powers the front center hydraulic cylinder - normally the mower deck.

Depending on which cylinder, center or the 3-point, you want to use, you can lock out the opposite cylinder. This makes the operation of which ever cylinder you are using much faster. If you don't lock out one cylinder, the hydraulic system will provide fluid to both cylinders - result is that the cylinder with the lightest load gets fully elevated before the cylinder with the lightest load.

If you are using the 3 point you do not need the lock out bar. But you need to lock out the center hydraulic cylinder.

Edit: Does you 154 have a diverter valve, located on the flat panel in front and below the seat. If your tractor has the diverter valve, you will probably not need the 3-point lock out bar.
I have an excuse. CRS.

MikeLehman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby MikeLehman » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:48 pm

Thanks for the link to the photo and information. I have an aftermarket diverter valve that was installed by the shop that installed the 3 point hitch for me. If the only purpose of the 3 point hitch lock is to lock out the hydraulic system I think the diverter will be sufficient as I have manipulated the deck and lifting arms separately while the tractor was running. This forum has been a great resource as I have been putting this tractor together and figuring out issues. Thanks again!

outdoors4evr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48370
Tractors Owned: 184

Postby outdoors4evr » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:10 am

Could you provide a description of your aftermarket diverter valve?
I would like to have a diverter valve on my loboy, and am interested in less expensive options to get it.

Do you have part numbers used and possibly a picture you could post?
Thanks,
184 w/ Creeper & 3-Point
IH 3160a Mower
IH Model 15 Tiller
IH-54 Blade

MikeLehman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby MikeLehman » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:23 am

I will try and take a picture tomorrow of the setup. The shop that installed the 3 point hitch for me installed the diverter so I am not even sure what the part number is but it is not the factory setup.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”