This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Snow Blower ??

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
jimexide
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Snow Blower ??

Postby jimexide » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:05 pm

Rick,

New here but I have one of the International 50 inch snow throwers and i am looking for information on it. How does it hook up and how much horse power does it require, etc. :lost: :lost: :lost:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:28 pm

G'day to you.

You tagged your post on to a rather ancient thread .. a 5 year old thread. It is now on it's own and in the right forum so that the other Numbered Series owner's can help out.

Number Series Cubs and then TC-131 Parts Catalog Revision 8. IH 50 Snow Thrower

Unfortunately that is all I have for the time being on the IH 50 Snow Thrower.

I would encourage you to follow the links below as there is a lot of resources for our members:

Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of the most important resources are Owner's Manuals, Parts Catalogs and Service Manuals. The Cub Manual Server is the home of the jpg versions and the [url=http://www.farmallcub.com/[ Sorry, direct links to manual section is not allowed. ]/index.php]PDF Manuals[/url] -- well the pdf's of course :wink: Enjoy!.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

outdoors4evr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48370
Tractors Owned: 184

Postby outdoors4evr » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:05 am

A driveshaft runs under the tractor to power the snowthrower. The shaft is belt driven from the PTO.
The blower is really heavy and makes it difficult to steer. Use skinny tires up front to help. Chains also help the rear wheels with slippage. Wheel spacers are usually required to use chains.
Your tractor needs to have a creeper option to slow down the groundspeed of the tractor.
With heavy snow, it requires everything the tractor can do. I have stalled my freshly rebuilt 184 from wide open throttle while throwing snow.

Make sure you lubricate the drive chain often.
184 w/ Creeper & 3-Point
IH 3160a Mower
IH Model 15 Tiller
IH-54 Blade

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”