This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

my first int154 is running again

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

my first int154 is running again

Postby BigBill » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:03 am

I been ill for a while but finally my first int 154 with the 3260 deck is running again. I rebuilt the PTO and the 3260 mower deck. Both of them needed new bearings. Easy job no problem, it's no big deal. The pto clutches and springs looked like new. The engagement bearings were shot. Hamiltonbobcubs had the bearings. I flushed the tranny and changed the filter and filled it with new hydraulic oil. Once I noticed there was a drain plug on the bottom of the tranny housing the rest was cake. There wasn't much water in it but it's piece of mind that it's flushed. My two sons came over and did all the work. It's good there learning now. Next my number 3 int 154 needs a new clutch. It was so awesome to sit on the first int 154 and mow again. The comfort is unmatched. It's the best $800 I ever spent when I purchased it. These are truly mowing machines as my local mower repair guy says. Now my projects will continue till it snows.

I don't understand what's the problem in rebuilding these PTO's. There's a rule of thumb when rebuilding these. We're suppose to mark one tab sticking out of each clutch plate disc so we can reassemble them in there proper rotation they way they are worn. We do this on the assembly on the machines also that have these multiple clutch discs. These marks on the tabs get all lined up during reassembly. When you remove these clutch discs make sure you stack them the way they come off so there all in the same position and side as they were removed. It's the way I was taught how to handle these clutch pacs. We've used these clutch setups in the machines for well over 100 years.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”