This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

154 Lo Boy will not move

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 154 Lo Boy will not move

Postby Eugene » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:59 pm

steveu812 wrote:Whoa...$1200. I was going to pay my son to dig into this - I can't show him that number!
Being a reasonably competent and knowledgeable mechanic, having the shop tools and equipment on hand, that is my guess as to the shop rate.

Actually, if I owned the shop I would have paid the mechanic(s) about 1/2 the shop rate.

If you want to be really cheap, tell son you will reimburse for parts, then quadruple the price of the parts for his labor. Actually, I wouldn't do that. Just tell the son the tractor is in the will. It's his upon death.
I have an excuse. CRS.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:00 pm

There's a shoulder bolt from McMaster Carr that can be used instead of a pin.
It fits snug in the pressure plate and will tighten up on the clamp on the plate to the input shaft. I see so many install standard 5/16" bolts in place of this pin. I think this hardened shoulder bolt with a locking nut will work.
I was thinking of adding a split collar around the hub on the plate too over the shoulder bolt as an extra clamp.
Then forget about it ever being a problem again.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Clark Thompson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 36310
Tractors Owned: 1975 IH cub,1948 farmall cub,1979 international 3200 skid steer and a 1974 John deere 350B dozer.

Postby Clark Thompson » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:53 pm

on the back of the clutch wheel on the creeper input shaft there is another shear bolt. it is the most common reason the tractor wont move. u mentioned the creeper was popping out of gear. That is a indication of the fork that ingages the the law on the creeper has failed possibly.
Collector of Farmall cubs and cub cadets.Injoy helping people keep their cubs running. Years of experipnce.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”