This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Acts like it is flooding.

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
welderskelter
10+ Years
10+ Years

Acts like it is flooding.

Postby welderskelter » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:32 pm

154 loboy was running good at mowing. All at once it started loosing power and acts like it is getting to much gas. Plan on pulling carb but was concerned if these things have a timing gear or a chain . It may have slipped timing. Dont know if this happens or not. How can I check? Thanks Harold

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Andrew Z
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 06234

Re: Acts like it is flooding.

Postby Andrew Z » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:50 am

will it restart after setting for some time? If so coil would be suspect.
49 Cub, and many other Farmalls and one Orange critter :)

This is Farmall Country!!

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:11 am

Problem is more than likely either ignition or fuel related.

I would start the diagnosis with an ignition tune up.

Tractor has timing gears. But that is not going to be the problem. Can only recall one time anyone posting on this board had a problem with the timing gears failing. That was due to debris getting caught up between the gears.
I have an excuse. CRS.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:13 am

Gear drive on the timing. Could have some dirt under the float valve, but as Andrew stated, a bad coil will sometimes mimic a flooding carburetor. First time I ever saw that I spent a week trying to figure out what was wrong. I just knew it had to be the carb.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:11 pm

check ign first-- coil condenser/points ---these motors VERY picky bout the ign system-thanks; sonny

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”