This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

creeper add on ?

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: creeper add on ?

Postby Bill Hudson » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:42 am

outdoors4evr wrote:How do you adjust for the width of the tractor so that the wheel fits in the furrow?

Two clamps on the square tubing part of the three point mast would allow some lateral adjustment,

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:43 am

outdoors4evr wrote:How do you adjust for the width of the tractor so that the wheel fits in the furrow?
The hubs and rims from a standard Cub bolt up to a numbered Cub low-boy.

Edit: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=91475
about 5 posts down in the topic. Check the different hubs, rims and tires.
I have an excuse. CRS.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:45 pm

BigBill wrote:I have a cub cadet 100 setup for just tilling with the creeper,

My little 10hp/100 cadet only tills every springtime.

Funny I thought it had a rod knocking. I took it easy on it. The rear generator had a bushing bearing that let go. The engine is very quiet now.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

snilloh43
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby snilloh43 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:30 pm

is this a viable option to add to help with mowing? I have noticed that I have occasions, when the grass is tall or thick, that even 1st gear is too fast for the machine to cut.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:13 pm

snilloh43 wrote:is this a viable option to add to help with mowing? I have noticed that I have occasions, when the grass is tall or thick, that even 1st gear is too fast for the machine to cut.
Not a viable option based on my experience. I own a 154, creeper gear, 60" belly mower. To cut tall fescue pasture grass it takes 2 or 3 passes, creeper engaged, each time lowering the deck. And some times the tractor struggles with the first cut, full height of the mower deck.

Tried my Cubs with rotary mowers several times on tall pasture grass. I mow tall tough grass with a WD Allis, 2nd gear, and 5 foot trailer type rotary mower. One pass with the mower and it's done.
I have an excuse. CRS.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Sat May 07, 2016 12:52 pm

If I could start over again I'd buy a farmall super A she's a tad more heavy duty over the cub series.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”