This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

How to remove throttle cable

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Oldthings
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45122

How to remove throttle cable

Postby Oldthings » Tue May 24, 2016 2:41 am

I just traded for a 184 lowboy and have a new throttle cable to replace the old one. Is their way to replace it without removing the gas tank and the dash assembly?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

seahaul
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28538
Tractors Owned: LoBoy 185 with Woods mower
LoBoy 184 with Woods mower and 3-pt
LoBoy 184 with RM59-LB mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: How to remove throttle cable

Postby seahaul » Tue May 24, 2016 8:42 am

The gas tank does not have to come off but the dash does. That usually requires removing the steering wheel which is sometimes difficult but can be done with patience and penetrating oil. Do a search for tips on how to remove it.

Buck 154
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: How to remove throttle cable

Postby Buck 154 » Wed May 25, 2016 9:42 pm

I just removed and replaced throttle cable on a 154 I just bought. Tried removing the steering wheel broke the puller
Didn't want to destroy the tractor before I even used it so i installed the control lever going under the dash. The bottom
Fastener was easy to start, put the top one in a piece of clear plastic hose and started it in the nut then tightened both.
If i ever have to replace another I'll do it tje same way.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”