This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub Lo Boy 185 Brake Pucks

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Brianleibo
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 19002

Cub Lo Boy 185 Brake Pucks

Postby Brianleibo » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:51 am

I'm pretty sure I have the original pucks. I am going to replace them eventually but in the mean time it seems as though mine were not contacting the back of the clutch flywheel. I currently just watch to see the Trans stop spinning before I attempt any shifts. I did although try recently to adjust the clutch brake as my current pucks look to have a small amount of life left. When I adjusted them tighter the tractor actually stops now when I push on the clutch like a brake, engine stays running but I'm assuming this is too tight so I my question is this if I replace with new pucks just how tight do you make them ? Thanks Brian :tractor:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Cub Lo Boy 185 Brake Pucks

Postby Eugene » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:37 am

Working as it's suppose to. The flywheel is bolted to the transmission input shaft. Depress the pedal to release the clutch and to stop the flywheel from turning. As long as the tractor is in gear, the tractor stops.

The service manual has the set up specifications for the clutch brake.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”