This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub lo boy project help

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Just a tinkering
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 72443

Cub lo boy project help

Postby Just a tinkering » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:03 am

I am starting tomorrow trying to get my father in laws old international cub lo boy 154 running again. It has set for several years not even being started. I know the firing order but need to know how the cylinders are numbered front to back or back to front. Also I need to know which plug wire on distributor is number one plug wire please.

I am starting out with cleaning out gas tank, new plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor button points, and coil, then changing oil and filter, also pulling head and cleaning out cylinders as you can see lose rust on top of the piston in the cylinder we have pulled a plug out of.

I would love a Manual for the tractor if possible because when this 154 is running father in law has a cub lo boy 185 he has drafted me to do the same thing to. Wish me luck on these two projects

Any other help would be appericiated

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Cub lo boy project help

Postby Eugene » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:18 pm

Welcome

The manuals, click on quick links, top of page, then PDF manuals. Free down load.

Cylinders are numbered from front to back, #1 being closest to the radiator.

Before you try to start the engine, prime the oil pump. Instructions on this site.
I have an excuse. CRS.

staninlowerAL
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 36558
Tractors Owned: Cubs: (3)'49's, (1 is for parts), (1)'57 IH Cub LoBoy w/FH, (2)154 Number Series Loboys, (1 is for parts), '76 Longstripe w/FH, Mowers: C-22, Bush Hog 412, Pennington 59, Woods RM42CF, Woods 42, assorted FCub plows, planters, discs, etc. OTHERS: '49 AC B & Ind. Sickle mower, '61 AC D12 Ser 2, '52 8N, '56 Ferguson 35 Deluxe, '47 & '49 Avery V, '53 MM BG (offset), '51 JD M (regular), '56 JD 420C, with Blade and fire plow, '85 JD 850 (Yanmar) w/72" belly mower, '76? Yanmar 2TR15 1500 & Bush Hog SQ42S-2 mower, '78? FORD Dexta, '86 FORD LGT14D & 48" Mower, (2)Cub Cadets & Mowers (MTD), (4) Sears Surburban's, other MTD mowers, Jeeps & other misc. "treasures"
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Cub lo boy project help

Postby staninlowerAL » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:41 pm

All cubs and many other IH equipment have a C60 engine so just about any engine information you get about battery ignition FCub, LoBoy Cub or Number Series will apply. There are some minor differences but mostly it's the bolt ons outside the block. Agree with Eugene, about anything you might want to know is in the manuals. If you have specific problems or questions this is the place to ask. Good Luck
Stan in LA (lower AL)
USAF & Reserves, Reg ARMY, ARMY NG (AL)

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”