This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

sloppy shifting...

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
skeeterklr
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 07456

sloppy shifting...

Postby skeeterklr » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:34 am

Shifting gears on my 184 is very sloppy, I can get it into 1st and reverse. I can get it into second and third but it takes quite a bit of time to do that. Wondering if shifting link is worn out or just needs to be tightened. What parts would I need to get to solve this problem?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43358
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub Diesel (Cubota)
53 Cockshutt 20 restored (Shooter)
52 Cockshutt 20 unrestored
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: sloppy shifting...

Postby Gary Dotson » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:44 am

Remove the center sheet metal cover to access the top of the transmission. Unbolt and remove the transmission top cover with shifter. Inspect for broken or loose shift forks. I suspect you will find the problem in the top cover. There is a shifter guide cup which should be secure in the cover. If it's loose, it can be tack welded back into place.

skeeterklr
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 07456

Re: sloppy shifting...

Postby skeeterklr » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:36 am

Thank you very much, It has been driving me crazy...

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”