This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

International 184 distributor

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
tnmulerider
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 38370

International 184 distributor

Postby tnmulerider » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:06 pm

I am putting points and condenser in an international 184. When I removed the distributor along with the drive housing I noticed that the drive housing was dry. What type of lubricant should I put in the drive housing?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: International 184 distributor

Postby Glen » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:39 am

Hi,
It's not real clear what you are asking.
If you are asking about lubing the Battery Ignition unit, here is info about that.

Below is a page from the lubrication section of the IH 184 LoBoy owner's manual.
It says use grease like you would grease the tractor with for the 2 fittings on the Battery Ignition unit. But it says there were 2 brands of distributors used, so if the unit is not IH, follow the info on the page.

http://farmallcub.com/rudi_cub/www.clea ... age-55.jpg

You have to remove the plugs, and buy a grease fitting that fits the holes, if it is the IH distributor, they are probably bigger threads than most others on the tractor. NAPA has grease fittings.

Below is a listing at TM Tractor, the IH distributor uses these points, there is a pic there of the unit also.

http://www.tmtractor.com/new/el/367fp.htm

If you are asking about between the Battery Ignition unit and the mounting on the engine, there is no lubrication there. There is an oil seal there, and there should be no oil leaking into that area.

Below is the whole owner's manual. The experts on here recommend that people read it, it has lots of info about operation, maintenance, and lubrication. :)

http://farmallcub.com/rudi_cub/www.clea ... index.html
Last edited by Glen on Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: International 184 distributor

Postby Eugene » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:30 am

tnmulerider wrote:What type of lubricant should I put in the drive housing?
None, if I correctly understand your question.

In addition, there are two other periodic lubrication points in an IH distributor; wick under the rotor and points rubbing block/cam.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”