This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Be safe on the road with your tractor!

Have a safety tip you want to share? Did you or a friend learn it the hard way? Help someone else by posting your tips on tractor, farm, shop, lawn, garden, kitchen, etc., safety.
Forum rules
Safety is an important and often overlooked topic. Make safety a part of your everyday life and let others know how much you care by making their lives safer too. Let the next generation of tractor enthusiasts benefit from your experience, and maybe save a life or appendages.
Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Be safe on the road with your tractor!

Postby Barnyard » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:54 am

Many folks here show pix and video of them running their tractors down a farm road. How many of those tractors are running legal?

The following news item from this morning involves a good friend of mine. Brownie is a long time township trustee and is highly regarded in our area. Things don't look good for him right now. Something I noticed in the news photo is the lack of a SMV sign. I can't say if it was there and knocked off, but if properly affixed it should not have come off. I doubt it would have done any good with a drunk driver behind him, but you never know.

Always make sure you have your sign mounted when entering a highway.

(Ripley County, Ind.) – A Harrison man is fighting for his life after the tractor he was riding on was hit from behind by an allegedly intoxicated driver Monday.
Hubert Brown, 65, was operating a 1958 Ford tractor on State Road 350 in Ripley County at around 1:45 p.m. A car driven by Richard Campos, 41, of Milan, struck the slow-moving tractor from behind, ejecting Brown from the tractor.

EMS transported Brown to Margaret Mary Hospital in Batesville before he was transferred to University of Cincinnati Medical Center with serious, life-threatening injuries.
Campos was not hurt. Indiana State Police say a portable breath test showed his blood-alcohol content was about .26 – more than three times Indiana’s legal driving limit. He submitted to a blood test.

Campos was arrested Monday and taken to the Ripley County Jail, where he faces preliminary charges including OVI Causing Serious Bodily Injury, OVI While Endangering Another Person, and OVI with a Prior Conviction. Formal charges are pending with the Ripley County Prosecutor’s Office.

Other agencies helping at the crash scene included the Ripley County Sheriff’s Office, Delaware Fire Department, and Ripley County EMS.

crash-tractor-sr350-12272016.jpg
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Re: Be safe on the road with your tractor!

Postby Super A » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:07 am

Saw this on FB, very sorry to hear, prayers sent! It's been my experience that all the warning flashers, smv symbols, etc. in the world won't make a bit of difference to the majority of idiots on the road these days, but if God forbid something does happen, the lack of these items can't be used against you if they are there and working properly.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

cub.bub
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 46628
Tractors Owned: 55 cub, 54a blade, (2) woods L59 mower...Allis Chalmers CA
1965 International 140, 60" grader blade.

Postby cub.bub » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:54 am

Always sad to hear of this, Prayers are sent for speedy recovery.
I always mount my SMV, turn on my strobe light, rear light and look in my mirror to see them coming.
You can take all your safety precautions and like Al said "it won't make a bit of difference to the Idiots on the roads these days"
Please keep us updated on his healing.
Bruce.

Fireman Bill
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 22630

Postby Fireman Bill » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:59 pm

My prayers for your friend. I agree with some that all the lights and signs may not keep idiots from hitting us but it will make it easier for my lawyer to keep me out of trouble.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Re: Be safe on the road with your tractor!away shortaway

Postby Barnyard » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:39 pm

Just a follow up, the family asked that life support be a shut down this morning. Brownie passed away shortly after.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Return to “Safety Forum”