This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Bad Accident

Have a safety tip you want to share? Did you or a friend learn it the hard way? Help someone else by posting your tips on tractor, farm, shop, lawn, garden, kitchen, etc., safety.
Forum rules
Safety is an important and often overlooked topic. Make safety a part of your everyday life and let others know how much you care by making their lives safer too. Let the next generation of tractor enthusiasts benefit from your experience, and maybe save a life or appendages.
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: Bad Accident

Postby Rudi » Sun May 11, 2008 12:45 pm

Mike:

Our prayers are with you as you recover from this spill, and we pray that it will be a speedy and complete recovery. Thankful too that you were able to survive this one.. we want to be able to meet you in person one day, so you gotta take care of yourself.

I have come to understand the Pucker Factor as well, and your pics of the accident sure brought up some recent memories of close calls when operating a Cub with a heavy implement. Boy.. I gotta keep this one in mind. I am just relieved that you were able to walk away from this one.

Mike, you have many, many friends on this forum. You have touched many of us in many ways, and well you touched Em and I very personally. Being the recipient of so many blessings it is an honour to be able to return just a tiny fraction of what you have given. Sorry too that it took a while to post, Didn't see it the few times I was on.. lately been busy with new addition.. she is a peach.

Please do relax, take care and rest. We will be praying for you daily.. (+)
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

flyawa
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 66701
Tractors Owned: .
1 1948 Cub
2 1950 Cubs
1 1951 Cub
1 1952 Cubs
1942 Farmall H
1939 Ford 9N
1930 John Deere D
1941 John Deere B
1948 Allis Chalmers C
1956 Farmall 400
1945 Chrysler Airport Tug
Location: KS, Fort Scott (S.E. Kansas - Home of the people of the south wind; the Kansa)

Postby flyawa » Sun May 11, 2008 10:07 pm

It's amazing how quickly your whole day can change.

I think all the posts say it all but I'll just add mine to say how glad we are it didn't turn out worse.

and...

Ya-all be careful out there!!!

Farming is a dangerous occupation even if the tractors are tiny.
"Maintain thine airspeed lest the Earth rise up and smite thee"

Carm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21234
Tractors Owned: 1947 FCub 1948 FCub (FrankenCub), 1949 C, 1952 SA, 1963 IH 3414 Backhoe Diesel, 1960 Oliver 880 Diesel, 1945 Mack EF Fire Truck

Postby Carm » Mon May 12, 2008 6:36 am

Wow, that's scary! Get well soon mike, we are praying for ya!

Lance Leitzel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45011
Tractors Owned: 1960 Loboy
1974 154 Loboy
1968 72 Cub Cadet

Postby Lance Leitzel » Mon May 12, 2008 9:43 am

Mike - Feel better soon, and thanks for the wakeup call. For some crazy reason, my loboy has always "felt" safer then when using FIL's cub. Obviously that feeling is misleading.
Ego diligo meus tracti.
(I love my tractors)

RI Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02830

Postby RI Cub » Mon May 12, 2008 2:55 pm

Mike,

Just checking in to see how you are feeling?

Dave

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Postby Arizona Mike » Mon May 12, 2008 7:04 pm

Dave , I am feeling pretty much ok now. I still have some bruises and sore spots, but i'm getting back into the swing of things around here today. Will be exactly one week ago in a few minutes. I have been healing fast. :D

Tuffy has not healed at all :twisted:
"The time you spend making sure you are safe is probably the most productive time you can spend!"
George Willer

RI Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02830

Postby RI Cub » Tue May 13, 2008 6:38 am

Dave , I am feeling pretty much ok now. I still have some bruises and sore spots, but i'm getting back into the swing of things around here today. Will be exactly one week ago in a few minutes. I have been healing fast.

Tuffy has not healed at all

Well, you are the one that is important. Glad to see you are doing a little better. Tuffy will have to wait. You need to get your strength back. Take your time and heal.

Dave

Return to “Safety Forum”