This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Safety warning, Harbor Frt spare tire holder

Have a safety tip you want to share? Did you or a friend learn it the hard way? Help someone else by posting your tips on tractor, farm, shop, lawn, garden, kitchen, etc., safety.
Forum rules
Safety is an important and often overlooked topic. Make safety a part of your everyday life and let others know how much you care by making their lives safer too. Let the next generation of tractor enthusiasts benefit from your experience, and maybe save a life or appendages.
'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Safety warning, Harbor Frt spare tire holder

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:45 am

I try to go the EXTRA STEP when it comes to trailer safety. That's why I have a rachet strap running around my spare tire and through my trailer side frame. That way, if my spare tire holder fails..it won't fall off and seriously hurt someone behind me :wink: ...'Country'
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

challenger
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21742
Tractors Owned: 1955 F Cub (2)
1952 F Cub
1948 F Cub
2155 JD
216 JD

Postby challenger » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:51 am

I ran into this Internet site a while back. It is an open forum by HF customers who comment on their experience with HF products. Anyone can register and post their views on products and review the comments of others.

http://hfreviews.com/reviews.php

Brent
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93510

Postby Brent » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:11 am

:big smirk: :big smirk:

Nothing to do with Chinese bolts but, I thought some of you might be interested in this. We bought a bottle of Wat-Mart's brand(Great Value) mushrooms the other day and when we got home I noticed that the label said " product of China". They went back yesterday. Since I don't want to feed my family any food item from China I called Wal-Mart corporate headquarters and asked how I can tell what country their food products come from. She told me the country of origan will be listed on the label under where it says "distributed by Wal-Mart stores" I took a look at some other canned products and she was right. However, we also bought a six pack of apple juice and there was nothing on the label but stamped on the plastic bottle was " concentrate from USA and China". BUYERS BEWARE! Don't think I will buy anymore of their Great Value food products.
Always try the easiest thing first.

Yogie
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 25271
eBay ID: yogiefisher
Tractors Owned: 37 John Deere A
63 Farmall Cub
53 Farmall Cub
56 Farmall Cub
IH 140
Massey 165 & 250

Postby Yogie » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:06 am

Lee_Petrie wrote:Has anybody tried to get "trailer tires" recently ! I needed 2 (205/75 R15 ST) on my flat single axle trailer that I use to take my Cub to shows , it appears (from all of my sources) all of the major tire manufactures are having their trailer tires made in CHINA ! Do we want to trust our Cubs to China made tires ? Be very careful to also check the manufacturing date on the side of every tire , including the China ones ! Lee

I deal in tires everyday and I'm not sure if you can find a trailer tire made here anymore.
Some of them may say Turnpike USA and such on the side but their not made here. Just like the front tractor tires that say American Farmer, their not made here either... :roll:
I've noticed most of the China tractor tires now have where it's made stamped on the bead, once it's aired up you can't see it anymore....
I hate to say it but I'm betting 75% or more of our tires and tubes at the shop are not made here...
It's getting worse now as we're having problems finding tires made here for our stock. The demand is here but there's no supply at the wearhouses. :roll:
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Yogie
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 25271
eBay ID: yogiefisher
Tractors Owned: 37 John Deere A
63 Farmall Cub
53 Farmall Cub
56 Farmall Cub
IH 140
Massey 165 & 250

Postby Yogie » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:11 am

Lee_Petrie wrote: Be very careful to also check the manufacturing date on the side of every tire , including the China ones ! Lee

YES !
Be sure to look at the dot numbers on the sides of the tires your buying, the last 2 numbers are the year it was made.
We've been told that our dealers will no longer adjust any tire that's over 3 years old so don't buy anything that's old stock.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Return to “Safety Forum”