Switch to full style
Have a safety tip you want to share? Did you or a friend learn it the hard way? Help someone else by posting your tips on tractor, farm, shop, lawn, garden, kitchen, etc., safety.

Forum rules

Safety is an important and often overlooked topic. Make safety a part of your everyday life and let others know how much you care by making their lives safer too. Let the next generation of tractor enthusiasts benefit from your experience, and maybe save a life or appendages.
Post a reply

I got LUCKY!!!

Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:24 pm

Folks, clean up your shop area. I stepped down from a short step stool and tripped, going over backwards. I landed on the edge of a C-22 mounting bracket. The one that attaches to the torque tube. No serious injury, some blood - not a lot, but, boy does it hurt. If I had fallen just six inches to my left it would have been ugly - real quick.

This didn't have to happen! My Cub House is cluttered and doesn't need to be and shouldn't be. The irony is I was going to spend the day cleaning the Cub House. :D :D Now I get to clean it with a painful reminder to not let it get in this shape again.

As Silvey would say, "Be Safe."

Bill

Re: I got LUCKY!!!

Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:26 pm

Bill, Sorry to hear about the injury, good advice on keeping the shop clean. Hope you heal quickly.

Bob

Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:22 pm

Bill, sounds like you made a New Year's resolution today. :D

Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:45 pm

Sorry to hear about your "landing". Hope you're feeling better. Cub house looked neat and clean, last time I saw it! Ed

Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:22 pm

Bill...glad you are all right...thanks for reminding us all to be tidy...

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:40 am

Bill - we are glad to hear that you are not seriously injured! We all need to evaluate our shop and look for those hazards. Hope that you mend quickly!

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:43 am

Bill, so glad you are OK. Thanks for the reminder to keep our clutter cleaned up.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:47 am

I have had close calls too. I think the clutter is what keeps the thieves out, not worth the trouble of getting hurt to steal something. I do need to clean, organize and lock the doors!

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:24 am

Ouch Bill glad you were not hurt too badly. As I have gotten older the clutter bothers me more, not that I don't let it get messy.
Post a reply